Benefits of becoming a CPC
As the leading developer and support-provider of affordable Business Intelligence software for small to
medium enterprises, Alchemex invests significantly in developing and enabling Alchemex skills across the
world to service our end users. Our focus is to create and maintain technical, sales and others skills
across all of our install bases and to assist our Certified Professional Consultants (CPCs) to play an
integral role in giving our end-users an ‘x-factor’ experience with our software solution. Once we have
created these skills, we then back these skills up with relevant and up-to-date knowledge sharing. This allows Alchemex CPCs to support their customers with the Alchemex Learning Services Team supporting them from behind the scenes.
Today’s opportunity is in the exciting BI industry - for the fourth year in a row, BI applications have been ranked
the top technology priority in the 2009 Gartner Executive Programmes survey of more than 1,500 chief information
officers around the world. Are you in a position where you are able to take advantage of this trend?
Are you a reseller of one of Alchemex’s ERP or Payroll integration partners, for example, Accpac, Pastel, Sybiz and
VIP or one of the many other ERP install bases for which we offer a BI solution, like SAP Business One, SYSPRO or MyOB?
Or are you an independent BI consultant? Either way, investing in Alchemex skills offers you the opportunity to earn
consulting and other revenue from existing or new clients by servicing a proven, market–leading product that has a
rapidly expanding footprint across the globe.
Are you able to generate useful and reusable reports? A report written for a customer may present the opportunity to
be resold, with the necessary changes, to another customer, giving you the opportunity to earn revenue exponentially.
Recognition and logo
Enhance your presence and increase your marketability by being associated with the Alchemex brand. Alchemex CPCs will
be provided exclusive use of the applicable partner logo which emphasises an Alchemex CPC’s credibility as a certified
provider of consulting and report writing services for Alchemex software and may be used in advertising, on business
cards and in other communications.
- Each Certified Professional Consultant is featured on the Alchemex website, via a ‘Find a Business Partner’ search.
- FREE Access to the videos, and other “How to” documentation in the Partner Resources Centre.
- FREE Monthly Webinars.
- FREE access to the BI Community at http://community.alchemex.com/ - Get online access to Videos and How-to-guides, Discussion Forums and Groups of like-minded business people.
- FREE Tips and Tricks – monthly Alchemex Tips and Tricks newsletters are delivered directly to your mailbox.
- FREE Alchemex software
- FREE access to all new products during the development phase, this means that you will be able to test all our new software BEFORE it reaches the market.
Requirements of CPC
In order to undertake the process of becoming an Alchemex Certified Professional, the following
pre-requisites are necessary:
- An understanding of Relational Databases
- Basic use of ODBC drivers and DSN’s
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server
- A general understanding of business practices and the ability to translate requests into meaningful information
- A good understanding and navigation of Excel at an intermediate level
It is then required that the delegate undertake the Alchemex Certified Consultant training course which is broken up into three parts:
This course includes the following areas:
Part 1: Excel on Steroids (online)
- Complete EOS Workshop 1, 2 and 3
Part 2: Alchemex Smart Reporting (level 1, 2, 3) (online)
- Complete Alchemex Basic, Advanced and Advanced Customized Report Writing
Part 3: Certification Exam
- Alchemex to confirm that the delegate has completed & passed all 6 courses (delegate should have 6 certificates by now)
- Delegate to complete Certification exam (multiple choice)
- Alchemex provides the delegate with a 7th certificate once the delegate passes the Certification exam
Certification process of CPC
The certification process is hands on. The Alchemex Skills Development team will work with the delegate to complete each step in the certification process. You are in constant email contact with your Learning Services team mentor.
The certification process flow is detailed below:
- Review the Alchemex CPC Programme.
- Complete the registration form.
- Alchemex invoices the delegate and, upon receipt of payment, the delegate is activated for Alchemex Consultant Certification on the Alchemex Academy and receives all the necessary access codes and serialisation details from our Learning Services Team via email. This information allows the delegate to begin the Certification Course.
- The delegate continues with the course and submits his/her assessments to the Learning Services moderator via the Alchemex Academy.
- Once the delegate has completed all areas of the course successfully, they will be qualified as an Alchemex Certified Professional and will be given access to all the perks as detailed above.